Monday, May 4, 2009

Mexican Chicken Casserole

This is one of my favorites...so yummy! I had it at a Relief Society social when I lived in West Valley and had to have the recipe!

2 chicken breasts, cooked & cubed
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon each of:
cumin, cayenne pepper (I usually stick with 1/4 on this) & chili powder
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
shredded cheese
corn tortilla chips

Layer chips in pan and break them up. Layer cubed chicken on top of the chips. Mix soups, onions, tomato, green pepper, and spices together. Pour over chips and chicken. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Take out of oven and sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Return to oven until cheese melts. Serve with salsa if desired.
Note: the recipe calls for a whole bag of tortilla chips, but I don't use that much in the casserole. I just do what looks like a good layer and then serve it with more chips on the side.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm! This sounds yummy! I can't wait to try it. Thanks Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this for dinner tonight and it was super yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

background