Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Best Brownies

My absolute favorite brownie recipe...so far :)!

1/2 c butter or margarine, melted
1 c sugar
1 t vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 c flour
1/3 c cocoa
1/4 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/2 c chopped nuts (optional)
Creamy Brownie Frosting

Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, beat well. Combine dry ingredients and gradually blend into egg mixture. Stir in nuts, if desired. Spread batter evenly in prepared 9" square baking pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool and frost.

Creamy Brownie Frosting:
3 T butter or margarine, softened
3 T cocoa
1 T light corn syrup or honey
1/2 t vanilla
1 c powdered sugar
1-2 T milk

Beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla until blended. Add powdered sugar and milk; beat to spreading consistency.

3 comments:

  1. This is the exact same recipe I have and I agree--they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried these the other day. SO GOOD!!! I doubled the recipe, but only put in three eggs so they would be more fudgy. They turned out pretty darned close to brownie mix brownies, which I love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying these today, and I'm pretty darn excited! I'll have to remember to do them like Jolynn! I love brownie mix brownies.

    ReplyDelete

background