Monday, May 4, 2009

Chicken Fajitas

I LOVE chicken fajitas. Whenever we eat at a Mexican restaurant, I inevitably order chicken fajitas if it's on their menu. That's one of the things that irritated me about PepperBellys...no chicken fajitas! I got this recipe from a friend who made them for our "Bunko" group. If nothing else, I got several of my favorite recipes from my bunko experience! Here it is:

Marinate boneless skinless chicken breasts in equal amounts of teriyaki & soy sauces. Add sugar (regular or brown) to make slightly thick. You can also add 7-up if desired (I never do because I don't want to waste the rest and my kids don't need it! I might if I was making a big batch).

Cook chicken and cut in strips (cut it before or after you cook it, whichever you prefer). Cut a white onion and green pepper in long slices. (I usually don't have a white onion on hand...it tastes great with yellow. I think white is just a little sweeter...?) Stir fry in oil until tender. Add cooked chicken. Serve on tortillas with cheese, lettuce, tomato, guacamole, sour cream & salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

background