Thursday, May 21, 2009

Marla's Eclairs

These are kind of messy, so although they are a HUGE hit whenever Marla takes them anywhere, I think I'd just make them for my family. Marla is one of my neighbors (used to be my counselor), if you're wondering.

CREAM PUFFS:

Boil 1 cup water. Add 1 cube of margarine to water. Reduce heat.

Add 1 cup flour and 1/4 tsp salt to water/butter mixture. Mix to form a ball. Cool and add 4 eggs, one at a time. Beat until smooth.

Drop onto greased cookie sheet. Bake on highest oven rack at 450 degrees for 13 minutes, then 325 degrees for 15 minutes.

FILLING:

Mix 1 large vanilla pudding & pie filling mix, following instructions for pie filling. Stir in 8 oz of thawed frozen whipped topping. Place into an icing bag (use a tip with a large hole) and insert filling into cream puffs.

Top with your favorite chocolate frosting recipe (made a little thinner so it's more of a glaze than frosting).

No comments:

Post a Comment

background