Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I made Jolynn's southwest crockpot chicken the other day and made this dressing to go on top of it and I nearly cried when I ran out of leftovers. It is supposed to be similar to Cafe Rio salad dressing, but it's not quite the same. However, it is still really yummy and I can eat it on just about everything. This is a combined recipe from a few that I have found. It certainly could be made with low/fat free mayo and sour cream. But I'll leave that to all of you, my doctor is still harping me to gain a few pounds. I am going to enjoy that while it lasts :)

1 pkg ranch dressing mix
1 cup milk
1/2 cup mayonaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 large jalapeno
1/2 of a medium onion
4 medium tomatillos (sp?)
1/2 bunch cilantro
juice of 2 limes

after giving the veggies a rough chop throw everything into a food processor or just your blender, whichever you have. just make sure it gets really mixed well. I actually doubled it when I made it and it got to be too much for my blender..... (I can't wait to get that 14 cup food processor I drool over every time I walk into the kitchen store)

No comments:

Post a Comment

background