Sunday, May 2, 2010

Stuffed Bell Peppers

I got this recipe from sparkpeople.com. After I stuffed the peppers I had extra stuffing and I ate it all. lol. It was soooo good. I have to say though, I'm not a big fan of the actual pepper part. I think it kind of takes away from the stuffing flavor. Mike says I just needed to add more salt, but I don't know. I think maybe I'm just not a fan of cooked bell peppers. :) But I'd make it again just for the stuffing part. Yu-um-eeeeeee!!

4 medium-size green peppers
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup canned tomatoes
1 cup cooked wild rice
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup breadcrumbs

Directions
1. Slice off tem end of peppers; remove and discard seeds and membranes. Blanch peppers 5 to 10 minutes in boiling water. Drain.

2. Cook ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium heat until meat is browned, stirring until meat crumbles. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.

3. Return meat mixture to skillet. Add tomotoes; cook until liquid evaporates.

4. Remove from heat; stir in rice and add seasonings.

5. Spoon 1/2-cup portions of mixture into peppers; sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs. Place peppers in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.Number of Servings: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

background