Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Raspberry Cream Crepes

These are always such a treat for my family! I literally have to triple the batch for there to be enough to satisfy everyone! So, so yummy!

Crepes:
3 large eggs
1 1/2 c milk
1 c + 2 T flour
1 T sugar
1/4 t salt
2 T melted butter

Put all the ingredients in a blender in the order listed and blend them until the batter is smooth. Scrape the sides and briefly blend again. Set covered blender in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or as long as overnight (this makes the crepes more durable and easier to flip... however I have skipped this step before and they turn out fine).

Cream Sauce: (this is just basically thinned down cream cheese frosting)
4 oz cream cheese (fat free or reduced fat work great, too)
2 T butter
1 t vanilla
2 c powdered sugar
Milk as needed for thinning

Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add vanilla and powdered sugar. Beat well. Add milk slowly and beat until it is the consistency you want.

Spread raspberry jam on crepe then roll up and drizzle with cream sauce.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm! That sounds so good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy!Hi, I'm Morgan, Alyssa's friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. This sounds sooooooooooooo good. I'm totally making these next time we have breakfast for dinner...cause I RARELY cook breakfast. haaahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made them for Sunday breakfast. Yum! I doubled the batter for the crepes (because we all loooove crepes), but next time I'll have to half the cream sauce. I had a lot left over.

    ReplyDelete

background