Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cantonese Meatballs

I got this recipe out of a book that Kamie Farnsworth sent me for freezer meals. It turned out really good. We ate it over rice. Yummy, yummy. :)

1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup cornstarch
Frozen or homemade meatballs (I just buy the frozen ones at walmart)

Drain pineapple reserving juice. Combine reserved pineapple juice, brown sugar, teriyaki sauce, vinegar, ketchup and cornstarch. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Add meatballs and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add pineapple. Serve with rice.

3 comments:

  1. I have a similar recipe but it also calls for sliced carrots, green peppers, and water chestnuts. It's one of our family's favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danette, I think I'll add those next time, make it a little more healthy. :)

    ReplyDelete

background