Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Oatmeal Pancakes

I found this recipe on My Kitchen Cafe. The recipe is actually for a pancake mix, but I just figured out what the amounts would be for a normal batch for my family (which is a pretty big batch...you might have to adjust it if you decide to try it). I am always looking for a little variety in pancakes since Jared requests them at LEAST twice a week! These turned out really good!

1 3/4 c oatmeal
2 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 1/2 T sugar
1 1/2 T baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 T baking soda
1/2 c oil
4 eggs
4 c buttermilk (half yogurt and half milk works great or I have just used 1 T vinegar per 1 c milk substitution. Also, you might want to decrease the liquid a little if you like a thicker batter.)

Mix dry ingredients, then add the wet. You can also make this the night before and by morning the oats are nice and soft.

1 comment:

  1. I have never tried a recipe from her blog that I didn't LOVE!!! I love that website. :) I can't wait to try these.

    ReplyDelete

background