Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Some more crock pot recipes

Sweet and Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken



1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 (14 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained

1/3 cup brown sugar

1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I used 1/4 teaspoon)



Coat the inside of your crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Place all ingredients in the crockpot. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low 8-10 hours, or until chicken shreds very easily with a fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Chicken will absorb liquid after it is shredded.) Serve in tacos or however you desire.



I loved putting this chicken in the small soft corn tortilla shells with cheese and lettuce. I was seriously addicted to these little tacos when I was pregnant! We always have a lot left over, and I was up late at night eating these. I was a little worried about the tomato chunks because I am weird and the texture of warm, squishy tomatoes makes me queasy, but they just blend right in with the chicken and make it super moist and yummy.



Creamy Italian Chicken



4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 8 ounce package cream cheese

2 cans cream of chicken soup

1 packet dry italian dressing seasoning



Place the chicken in the crock pot and sprinkle the italian seasoning over it. Mix the cream cheese and soup. Pour the mixture over the chicken and cook on low for 8 hours. Serve over rice or noodles. (We love it on rice. We've never tried it on noodles.)



This recipe has become one of my staple recipes. It's really simple and yummy. And it makes a lot of left overs to have for lunches or dinners throughout the week.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the sweet and spicy chicken recipe on, I think, My Kitchen Cafe. We tried it awhile ago and we all LOVED it. For some reason I didn't keep the recipe and couldn't find it again so THANK YOU for posting it!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, I have a slow cooker recipe book you can have. I have 2 books, so you can choose which one.

    ReplyDelete

background