Sunday, September 6, 2009

Crockpot recipes

Okay, I posted four crockpot recipes below, but I have a disclaimer to make. I haven't actually tried these four recipes yet. However, they are recipes from my Winder 4th Ward Cookbook (my last ward in Utah), so I feel some level of confidence that they will be good. (Hopefully, that confidence isn't misplaced.) I'm planning to make the crockpot taco soup later this week, so I'll let you know how it turns out. The BBQ pork one also sounds really yummy, but I keep wondering if the process would be a pain instead of a timesaver...and I'm going for time saving.

I cooked a roast in my crockpot today and boy was it YUMMY!! You guys probably already have your fabulous recipes for roasts and this one is a pretty standard recipe I think. Still it turns out good. (3-4 pound roast, potatoes, carrots, 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 pkg lipton onion soup mix, cook on low for 8-12 hours, or on high for 4-6 hours...I also added a quartered onion in.)

If anyone else has a chance to post any quick crockpot recipes I'd love it (and Heidi too, it sounds like)! I need to find some more that will be time saving and that Alex and I will like.

I have a couple of other recipes (Crockpot Beef Stew and Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore), but I'm not sure where those recipes came from so I didn't post them. If anyone wants me to post them, I will; otherwise, I'll wait to see if they are any good if or when I try them.

Post-Edit: I've tried the Crockpot Taco Soup now and it was really good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

background