Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sticky Coconut Chicken

I got this recipe off My Kitchen Cafe and it turned out yummy!

6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I used breasts)
1 c canned coconut milk
1 T minced fresh ginger
1 t pepper
1 t red pepper flakes

Mix the above ingredients and marinate chicken in it for at least one hour (she let hers marinate 4-5 hours). Grill on barbeque (we have a grill attachment on our stove which was nice).

Glaze:
3/4 c rice vinegar
1/2 c sugar
3 T soy sauce
1 t red pepper flakes

While the chicken is grilling, bring above ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until mixture is reduced and thickened, about 8-10 minutes. Be patient because it takes a little while. But once it starts getting really thick, immediately take it off the heat. Glaze both sides of chicken the last few minutes of grilling and serve chicken over rice.

Sidenots: The blog suggested using the extra coconut milk left in the can as part of the liquid in the rice. It made the rice mildly sweet and went well with the chicken.

2 comments:

  1. I thought that one looked good too. I'll have to try it. Or make Cam make it for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS... this would be killer with my coconut rice I posted once upon a time....

    ReplyDelete

background