Saturday, November 27, 2010

Yummy vegetable soup

This recipe is both healthy and yummy. I love the tomato-basil base.

Garden Vegetable Soup (Weight Watchers recipe)
(Serves 4)

1 cup sliced carrot
1/2 cup diced onion
2 cloves garlic (minced or pureed)
3 cups broth (beef, chicken, or vegetable)
1 1/2 cup diced green cabbage
1/2 cup green beans
1 cup broccoli
1/2 cup (4 oz) tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup diced zucchini

In a large saucepan, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, saute carrots, onion and garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add broth, cabbage, beans, broccoli, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and salt. Bring to a boil.

Lower heat and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes or until beans are tender. Stir in zucchini and heat 3 to 4 minutes. Serve hot.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Steph. I've been looking for a good vegetable soup recipe. I shall include this one in my next weekly menu. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had this for dinner the other night and it was really good. I did cheat though, and add about half a lb of ground turkey for the kids sake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking for something to make for dinner and I happened to have all the ingredients for this. It was really good! I did add some hamburger. Adam didn't even realize he'd eaten broccoli (which he HATES) until I told him! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

background