Thursday, October 29, 2009

Crock Pot Potato Chowder

I'm not a big soup person, but I really liked this soup from "Real Mom Kitchen". It was really yummy. I think the cream cheese is what made it so good to me. I am a big fan of cream cheese.

Crock Pot Potato Chowder

8 cups diced potatoes
1/3 cup onion, chopped
3 knorr boullion cubes (these are two teaspoons in size, so I used 6 teaspoons of my boullion powder)
6 cups water
1 10 3/4 ounce condensed cream of chicken soup
1 8 ounce package cream cheese
1/2 lb. of bacon, cooked and crumbled
Dried parsley or sliced green onions for garnish-optional

Combine potatoes, onion, water, boullion, and chicken soup in the crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender. Add cream cheese to crock pot and blend. Top with bacon and parsley or onions before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

background