Monday, November 24, 2008

Pasta Fagioli Soup

Mom, Dad, Kacey, Justin and Bradon came over for family night dinner. We tried this soup and it was yummy! Not one of my kids said, "Ewww, I hate this!" or,"I think I'll just wait til breakfast." Maybe they were just being polite in front of our company, who knows. Anyway, we had it with our favorite bread sticks. The recipe comes from the cookbook Girlfriends on the Go, which is a fabulous freezer recipe cookbook.

1 lb. ground beef, browned and drained
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup grated carrots (I buy the shredded ones)
1 cup diced celery
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 (15oz) cans beef broth
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped (I used dried parsley)
1/2 tsp hot sauce (Tabasco)
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 small bag shell pasta
Cook noodles according to package directions (I slightly undercook mine). Place all ingredients in a large pot. Mix together. If freezing, place in freezer bag. To prepare: thaw and let simmer until vegetables are tender (30-45 min).

2 comments:

  1. That sounds good. It's on my list for sure. Hey Jolynn, will you post your broccoli soup recipe too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I've been anxiously awaiting this one. I'll be trying it soon.

    ReplyDelete

background