Monday, January 4, 2010

Spicy Pumpkin (or applesauce) Cookies

Heidi, I hope this is the right recipe you wanted. I think I must have just substituted applesauce for the pumpkin. Warning: these are sort of healthy.

1/2 c. canola oil (scant)
1 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 c. pumpkin puree or applesauce
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 t. salt (sea salt is best (-: )
1 t baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ginger
1/4 t. cloves
1/2 t. nutmeg (opt)
1/2 - 1 c. raisins, chocolate chips, or nuts, etc.

Mix first 4 ingredients. Add dry ingredients, mix well, add raisins (chips or whatever), drop on greased baking sheet, bake 350 degrees for about 15 min. or until done.

I sometimes use 1/2 c plain sugar, and use up some of my old honey by substituting (about 1/3 c.) for the other half cup sugar.

1 comment:

background