Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Virgin Watermelon Margaritas

Edited to alter recipe. 6 tablespoons of lime juice isn't quite enough. 8 seems to taste better. More margarita-ee to me. :)

A couple people have asked me how to make these so I figured I'd post it on here. :)

4 cups of seedless watermelon chunks.
8 T lime juice
2 or 3 T sugar. (or to taste.)
4 cup of ice
1/8 t. Salt

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Poor into glasses and garish with either lime wedges of watermelon wedges (optional of course). You can also coat the rim of the glasses with salt or sugar. It's up to you. I tried it both with and without salt on the rim and it was really good both ways. Serves 4.

To coat the rim of the glass you have to dip it in lime juice first so it will stick.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Shelle. Maybe I'll try it with my tasteless watermelon nobody seems to want to eat. It won't be very good, but maybe the lime juice & sugar will perk it up. Then I'll try it with a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried it tonight and it seemed like it was missing something. Have you ever added other fruits too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't. I'm not that adventurous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was missing something... We forgot the salt, it made a huge difference.... oops....

    ReplyDelete

background