Saturday, October 25, 2008

Basil Cream Chicken Pasta

We have only eaten this dish on Valentine's Day, but I have been thinking about it lately, and thought I would post it. It's sooo good! We leave out the mushrooms for my sake, and we can never find white pepper, but it tastes great just the same.

1-1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
1-1/3 C. finely chopped green onions
1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 T. vegetable oil
1/2 C. butter or margarine
1/4 C. all-purpose flour
2 C. chicken broth
1 C. whipping cream
2 T. minced fresh basil or 2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. white pepper
Hot cooked fettuccine

In a skillet, saute chicken, onions and mushrooms in oil until the chicken is no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth and cream. Stir in basil and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken mixture. Serve over fetticcine. Yield: 6-8 servings.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds good. Is it a little like creamy pesto from pizza factory? Maybe not now that I look at it agagin. But I like that it's not all cream, it has mostly chicken broth. I do actually have some white pepper, I don't know where it came from though. It's in my grinder.

    ReplyDelete

background